Our Sisterhood is a diverse, multi-generational group of women who supports the synagogue through a variety of social, religious, cultural, educational and civic programs benefitting sisterhood members, the synagogue and the larger Jewish community.
Our goals are to provide programming to foster friendship among our sisterhood members, encourage personal growth, promote opportunities for learning and spiritual growth, and provide volunteer opportunities in our community.
Some of the things we do:
- Hold a general monthly meeting on the first Wednesday at 1:00 pm; everyone is invited to attend and bring a brown bag, dairy lunch.
- Operate the Sisterhood Gift Shop for the benefit of the congregation
- Provide weekly kiddush and flowers for shabbat
- Present the Annual Party Planning Expo. Click here for more information.
- Present the Annual Craft and Gift Show (Chanukah Bazaar). Click here for more information.
- Sponsor the College Outreach Program
- Hold the Torah Fund Luncheon which raises funds for the Jewish Theological Seminary
- Mah Jong Night–a fun, social evening spent learning the game and playing together
- Family Havdallah–semi-annual havdallah service with Rabbi and Lori Cooper
- Assemble and deliver Mishloach Manot, Purim gift baskets
We invite you to join the Sisterhood and welcome you to get involved in our myriad of programs. If you would like to receive email updates of events, please email email@example.com
WE HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US.
Click here for a list of 2014-2015 Sisterhood Officers.